Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Jordan Stolz Wins Second Olympic Gold, Reviving U.S. Speedskating Dreams

    February 14, 2026

    A Viral Baby With Two Sets of Colors Shares a Story of Survival and Science

    February 14, 2026

    Mid-Air Dispute Forces Jet2 Flight to Divert, Leaving Passengers Shaken

    February 14, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Voxtrend NewsVoxtrend News
    Subscribe
    Voxtrend NewsVoxtrend News
    Home»News»Overnight storms leave more than 60,000 without power and flood warnings
    News

    Overnight storms leave more than 60,000 without power and flood warnings

    Voxtrend NewsBy Voxtrend NewsAugust 17, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A long line of severe thunderstorms that swept across Chicago and the suburbs Saturday night and early Sunday left more than 60,000 Commonwealth Edison customers without power as flood warnings continued throughout the area, authorities said.

    As of 9 a.m. on Sunday, 61,000 ComEd customers were without power, the utility giant said. ComEd said it expects most outages to be restored by 9 p.m. Sunday, with some taking until 2 p.m. Monday to fully resolve.

    While Sunday’s weather was expected to be tamer, flood warnings and advisories remained in the morning, mostly for the suburbs southeast of Chicago until noon as storm impacts lingered, the National Weather Service said. The service said the weather on Sunday should be relatively calm with a high of 81 degrees.

    The storms caused significant delays and cancellations at O’Hare International Airport, where, as of 8:30 a.m. Sunday, the Chicago Department of Aviation reported there had been 264 flights canceled in the previous 24 hours.

    In addition, a beach hazard statement from Saturday continued into Sunday morning, and the entire southern Lake Michigan coast was expected to have dangerous swimming conditions until Monday morning.

    The city of Aurora posted on X that power was lost to water pumps and two fire stations as a result of the storms but the fire stations were back online late Sunday morning.

    At 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, the Mount Prospect Fire Department responded to an incident at a four-story apartment complex whose roof was torn off by the storm. The building was evacuated immediately, and there were no injuries reported.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Voxtrend News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Jordan Stolz Wins Second Olympic Gold, Reviving U.S. Speedskating Dreams

    February 14, 2026

    A Viral Baby With Two Sets of Colors Shares a Story of Survival and Science

    February 14, 2026

    Mid-Air Dispute Forces Jet2 Flight to Divert, Leaving Passengers Shaken

    February 14, 2026

    How Anthony Hopkins Created One of Cinema’s Most Unforgettable Characters

    February 14, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Pinterest
    Editors Picks
    Latest Posts

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest sports news from SportsSite about soccer, football and tennis.

    Advertisement
    Demo
    Voxtrend News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.