Close Menu
    What's Hot

    A Summer Night That Changed a Legacy: Remembering John F. Kennedy Jr.’s Final Flight

    February 13, 2026

    Michelle Obama Shares Why She Got 10 Ear Piercings in One Sitting

    February 13, 2026

    A Love Story Lived in the Spotlight: JFK Jr. and Carolyn Bessette Return to the Screen

    February 12, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Voxtrend NewsVoxtrend News
    Subscribe
    Voxtrend NewsVoxtrend News
    Home»News»Illinois man sentenced for Dunkin’ drive-thru carjacking in Chicago suburb
    News

    Illinois man sentenced for Dunkin’ drive-thru carjacking in Chicago suburb

    Voxtrend NewsBy Voxtrend NewsOctober 2, 2025Updated:October 3, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    KANE COUNTY – A suburban Chicago man has been sentenced to prison for carjacking a woman as she ordered coffee in a Dunkin’ drive-thru last year.

    What we know:

    Kane County prosecutors said Ivan Martinez, 23, of Montgomery, pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicular hijacking, a Class X felony.

    Assistant State’s Attorney Kelly Orland said Martinez “committed a calculated act of violence against an unsuspecting, innocent person simply trying to get her morning coffee.”

    The backstory:

    On Sept. 1, 2024, Martinez approached a woman’s car in the drive-thru lane of a Dunkin’ located on Kirk Road in Aurora. Prosecutors said he pointed an object that appeared to be a gun and ordered her out of her 2016 Chevrolet Camaro.

    The woman tried to speed away and jumped a curb, but Martinez clung to the car and she stopped. She then grabbed her belongings and got out before Martinez hopped in and drove off.

    A witness behind the victim recorded the incident on their vehicle’s dashcam and later told investigators he believed Martinez had a real gun.

    About 80 minutes later, Chicago police stopped Martinez in the stolen Camaro but no firearm or object that looked like a gun was recovered.

    Dig deeper:

    Martinez has prior felony convictions. He was found guilty of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon in Kane County in 2021 and unlawful delivery of a controlled substance in Kendall County in 2022. He was on parole for the 2022 offense at the time of the Dunkin’ carjacking.

    Under Illinois law, Martinez is eligible for day-for-day sentencing. He was credited with 396 days already served in the Kane County jail.

    What’s next:

    Martinez was sentenced to 16 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.

    The Source: The information in this story came from the Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office.

    Crime and Public SafetyAuroraKane CountyNews

    The post Illinois man sentenced for Dunkin’ drive-thru carjacking in Chicago suburb appeared first on Tripplenews.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Voxtrend News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Michelle Obama Shares Why She Got 10 Ear Piercings in One Sitting

    February 13, 2026

    A Love Story Lived in the Spotlight: JFK Jr. and Carolyn Bessette Return to the Screen

    February 12, 2026

    Chuck D and Gene Simmons Reignite Debate Over Hip-Hop’s Place in the Rock Hall

    February 12, 2026

    Cruise Passenger Dies at Italian Port as Ship Continues Mediterranean Voyage

    February 12, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Pinterest
    Editors Picks
    Latest Posts

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest sports news from SportsSite about soccer, football and tennis.

    Advertisement
    Demo
    Voxtrend News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.