Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Wedding Dress Mix-Up Discovered More Than a Decade After Cleaning, Bride Says

    February 18, 2026

    Fatal Crash Involving School Bus With 40 Students Under Investigation

    February 18, 2026

    Brandi Glanville Claims Ruptured Breast Implants Led to Facial Parasite Diagnosis

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Voxtrend NewsVoxtrend News
    Subscribe
    Voxtrend NewsVoxtrend News
    Home»News»Operation Midway Blitz surpasses 900 arrests in Illinois, DHS says
    News

    Operation Midway Blitz surpasses 900 arrests in Illinois, DHS says

    Voxtrend NewsBy Voxtrend NewsOctober 2, 2025Updated:October 3, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    CHICAGO – More than 900 people have been arrested so far during Operation Midway Blitz, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

    What we know:

    The agency on Thursday released video of an immigration raid at an apartment building in the 7500 block of South Shore Drive from earlier this week.

    At least 37 undocumented immigrants were taken into custody, some with alleged ties to the Tren de Aragua gang, DHS said.

    In its social media post sharing the video, DHS wrote: “To every criminal illegal alien: Darkness is no longer your ally. We will find you.”

    The footage shows dozens of federal agents surrounding the South Shore apartment building.

    According to a previous FOX 32 report, Chicago police did not participate in the raid.

    RELATED: Immigration raid targeting Tren de Aragua nets 37 arrests on Chicago’s South Side: DHS

    Another arrest tied to the ongoing operation occurred on Lake Michigan, near Navy Pier, earlier this week.

    DHS said agents took a man from Honduras into custody while he was wearing a life vest. He had previously been deported five times, making this his sixth time in federal custody.

    Operation Midway Blitz began Sept. 8 in Chicago and across Illinois. DHS said it was launched in honor of Katie Abraham, who was killed earlier this year in a hit-and-run crash with a man from Guatemala who was living in the U.S. without legal status.

    Protests have also erupted in recent weeks outside a federal immigration processing center in west suburban Broadview. Demonstrators clashed with agents, leading to arrests and charges.

    DHS has not provided further details on the latest arrest numbers.

    The Source: The information in this article was provided by the Department of Homeland Security and previous FOX 32 reporting.

    ImmigrationNews

    The post Operation Midway Blitz surpasses 900 arrests in Illinois, DHS says appeared first on Tripplenews.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Voxtrend News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Wedding Dress Mix-Up Discovered More Than a Decade After Cleaning, Bride Says

    February 18, 2026

    Brandi Glanville Claims Ruptured Breast Implants Led to Facial Parasite Diagnosis

    February 18, 2026

    Couple Who Died After Falling Through Ice on Valentine’s Day Had Loved Each Other Since Their Teens

    February 17, 2026

    Caregivers Help Terminally Ill Patient Celebrate Marriage Before Her Death

    February 17, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Pinterest
    Editors Picks
    Latest Posts

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest sports news from SportsSite about soccer, football and tennis.

    Advertisement
    Demo
    Voxtrend News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.