Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Wedding Dress Mix-Up Discovered More Than a Decade After Cleaning, Bride Says

    February 18, 2026

    Fatal Crash Involving School Bus With 40 Students Under Investigation

    February 18, 2026

    Brandi Glanville Claims Ruptured Breast Implants Led to Facial Parasite Diagnosis

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Voxtrend NewsVoxtrend News
    Subscribe
    Voxtrend NewsVoxtrend News
    Home»News»Trump pauses $2.1B for Chicago infrastructure projects over ‘race-based contracting’
    News

    Trump pauses $2.1B for Chicago infrastructure projects over ‘race-based contracting’

    Voxtrend NewsBy Voxtrend NewsOctober 3, 2025Updated:October 3, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    WASHINGTON – White House budget director Russ Vought said the Trump administration will withhold $2.1 billion for Chicago infrastructure projects, expanding funding fights that have targeted Democratic areas during the government shutdown.

    The pause affects a long-awaited plan to extend the city’s Red Line train. Vought wrote on social media Friday that the money was “put on hold to ensure funding is not flowing via race-based contracting.”

    Vought made a similar announcement earlier this week involving New York, where he said  $18 billion for infrastructure would be paused, including funding for a new rail tunnel under the Hudson River.

    Losing the money would be a significant setback for  Chicago’s transportation plans . The Red Line extension is slated to add four train stops on the city’s South Side, improving access for disadvantaged communities.

    In addition, a broader modernization project for the Red and Purple lines, which Vought said was also being targeted, is intended to upgrade stations and remove a bottleneck where different lines intersect.

    In New York’s case, Trump’s Transportation Department said it had been reviewing whether any “unconstitutional practices” were occurring in the two massive infrastructure projects but that the government shutdown, which began Wednesday, had forced it to furlough the staffers conducting the review.

    The suspension of funds is likely meant to target Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer of New York, whom the White House is blaming for the impasse. He said the funding freeze would harm commuters.

    “Obstructing these projects is stupid and counterproductive because they create tens of thousands of great jobs and are essential for a strong regional and national economy,” Schumer said on X.

    ChicagoDonald J. TrumpNews

    The post Trump pauses $2.1B for Chicago infrastructure projects over ‘race-based contracting’ appeared first on Tripplenews.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Voxtrend News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Wedding Dress Mix-Up Discovered More Than a Decade After Cleaning, Bride Says

    February 18, 2026

    Brandi Glanville Claims Ruptured Breast Implants Led to Facial Parasite Diagnosis

    February 18, 2026

    Couple Who Died After Falling Through Ice on Valentine’s Day Had Loved Each Other Since Their Teens

    February 17, 2026

    Caregivers Help Terminally Ill Patient Celebrate Marriage Before Her Death

    February 17, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Pinterest
    Editors Picks
    Latest Posts

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest sports news from SportsSite about soccer, football and tennis.

    Advertisement
    Demo
    Voxtrend News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.