Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Ilia Malinin Shares Gold Medal With Tara Lipinski’s Toddler in Sweet Post-Win Moment

    February 19, 2026

    At 41, Elana Meyers Taylor Becomes Oldest American Woman to Claim Individual Olympic Gold

    February 19, 2026

    King Charles Was Not Informed Ahead of Prince Andrew’s Arrest, Palace Sources Say

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Voxtrend NewsVoxtrend News
    Subscribe
    Voxtrend NewsVoxtrend News
    Home»News»Trump renews threat to send National Guard to Chicago despite Pritzker’s pushback
    News

    Trump renews threat to send National Guard to Chicago despite Pritzker’s pushback

    Voxtrend NewsBy Voxtrend NewsSeptember 16, 2025Updated:September 17, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    CHICAGO – The National Guard is headed to Memphis, but President Donald Trump is still focusing on Chicago.

    Trump said he would send the Guard to Chicago even if Gov. J.B. Pritzker objects.

    What we know:

    Pritzker said the president’s stance on deploying the National Guard changes by the day.

    Last week, Trump appeared to back off, saying he would send a contingent to Memphis instead.

    On Tuesday morning, however, Trump reversed course again, saying he was hearing from Chicago residents who want federal intervention.

    “I’m going to go to Chicago early, against Pritzker. Pritzker is nothing. If PRitzker is smart, he’d say ‘please come in.’ Over the last week and a half, 11 people in Chicago were killed, murdered, and 38 were shot,” Trump said. “Chicago is a death trap…”

    Asked repeatedly whether the White House plans to send the National Guard or federal agents such as the FBI or ATF, officials have not provided an answer.

    Pritzker, pressed again Tuesday, said Trump’s on-again, off-again threats against Chicago remain inconsistent.

    “You can’t take anything that he says seriously. From one day to the next, he’s attacking verbally. Sometimes he attacks sending his agents in. Sometimes he forgets. I think he might be suffering from some dementia. The next day he’ll wake up on the other side of the bed and stop talking about Chicago. So I’ve never really counted on anything that he said as real,” Pritzker said.

    What’s next:

    The Department of Homeland Security has announced a surge in immigration enforcement, a move that is legal under federal authority.

    Sending in the National Guard over a governor’s objections, however, is not permitted under these circumstances.

    The Source: The information in this article was reported by FOX 32’s Paris Schutz.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Voxtrend News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Ilia Malinin Shares Gold Medal With Tara Lipinski’s Toddler in Sweet Post-Win Moment

    February 19, 2026

    At 41, Elana Meyers Taylor Becomes Oldest American Woman to Claim Individual Olympic Gold

    February 19, 2026

    King Charles Was Not Informed Ahead of Prince Andrew’s Arrest, Palace Sources Say

    February 19, 2026

    Wedding Dress Mix-Up Discovered More Than a Decade After Cleaning, Bride Says

    February 18, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Pinterest
    Editors Picks
    Latest Posts

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest sports news from SportsSite about soccer, football and tennis.

    Advertisement
    Demo
    Voxtrend News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.